Bi-Annual Assignor Recertification
Alabama requires that all assignors attend a mandatory in-service training. The Alabama Referee Handbook, provides that each assignor
is required to attend an in-service clinic once every two years beginning in 2008 and fulfill all associated requirements of the in-service training.
- I will maintain the utmost respect for referees and other officials of the game and I will conduct myself honorably at all times.
- I will make the assignments based on what is good for the game and what is good for the referee.
- As a member of the U.S. Soccer Federation, my actions will reflect credit upon the organization.
- I will contribute to the continuous development of referees in the National Referee Development Program.
- I will conduct myself ethically and professionally in the assignment process.
- I will respect the rights and dignity of all the referees and I will not criticize them unless it is in private, constructive, and for their benefit.
- I will offer equal opportunity to all quality referees and I will not discriminate against or take undue advantage of any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
- I will cooperate fully in the timely resolution of any grievance hearing or complaint.
- I consider it a privilege to be a part of the U.S. Soccer Federation and my actions will reflect credit upon that organization or its affiliates.
- I will safeguard the confidentiality of the U.S. Soccer registered referee list.
- I will give priority to U.S. Soccer affiliated games when assigning games.
- The use of U.S. Soccer affiliated game assignments shall not be used to persuade U.S. Soccer registered referees to accept game assignments for non-members of U.S. Soccer.
- DO NOT assign referees who are not on the approved referee list.
- DO NOT assign Grade 9 referees to games that they are not approved to work.
- There are former referees who will tell you they attended a recertification clinic and that may be the case. But, they did not register and therefore are not approved for the remainder of year. DO NOT assign them.
- Referees are in the process of getting their background checks in order. Keep after those that need them. Go ahead and assign our referees and tell those that have not completed the background check to get it done.
- Be aware that some referees who attended recertification clinics in the past have not go on-line to register and pay their fees. DO NOT use these referees.
- Be aware that some referees attended NEW Entry Level Clinics but have not yet gone on-line to register and pay their fees. DO NOT use these referees without approval that they have completed all the necessary paperwork to become a referee.
Must be at least 18 years old and should be familiar with the process of becoming a registered referee.
For more information on how to certify to become an assignor, please contact the SAC. The contact information is on the Administrators page.
Assignor Certification Requirements
All assignors are required to complete a background check once every 2 years.